Navjot Singh Sidhu, whom Captain Amarinder Singh had to step down from the post a few days ago, has now himself resigned from the post of state president of Congress. In his resignation letter to Sonia Gandhi, Sidhu has once again said the same thing that the interests of Punjab cannot be seen to be ignored. His remarks are more or less the same as he used to do during Amarinder’s era. But the question is that even after the departure of Amarinder Singh, who is he considering as an obstacle for the betterment of Punjab.
Congress sources say that in fact he himself wanted to become the CM, but he had agreed to back down in the name of Channi, a Dalit face. But he wanted to remain as Super CM, under which his opinion should be taken in cabinet appointments, administrative appointments and other matters. It is being said that Sidhu was ignored in these matters and as a result he has resigned. It is in a way like defeating Captain Amarinder Singh and losing himself in the internal politics of the Congress. Let us know, what are the important reasons for the resignation of Navjot Singh Sidhu …
– Sidhu had opposed the appointment of MLA Rana Gurjit Singh as a minister. But the party high command ignored him and he was given the post of minister. Sidhu said that there are allegations of corruption against Rana Gurjit. There was a last-minute protest from his side, but was sidelined.
– Navjot Singh Sidhu wanted to see many leaders close to him in the cabinet, but no one was given a chance except Pargat Singh and Razia Sultana. It is being said that from the time of the formation of the cabinet, Sidhu started feeling himself on the sidelines and finally resigned. Now Razia Sultana herself has also resigned from the post of cabinet minister in his support.
– APS Deol, who had fought the case of former DGP Sumedh Singh Saini, has been elected as the Advocate General in the state. He was involved in a legal battle in the Behbal Kalan firing case. Sidhu was against them too, but the high command did not give importance to his opinion here too.
– It is being said about Navjot Singh Sidhu that he wanted to see himself as CM instead of Sukhjinder Randhawa. In such a situation, instead of choosing a Jat Sikh, the high command bet on Dalit leader Charanjit Singh Channi. The party hoped that Sidhu would agree with this, but when Randhawa was given the responsibility of the Home Ministry, he once again got furious.
– It is being said that the high command had directly told Navjot Singh Sidhu that instead of becoming the super CM, he should focus on strengthening the organization of the state. Sidhu understood this as against him because he wanted his full intervention in the government as well.