Even after being negative in RT-PCR, there may be Corona positive, many such cases coming up in Gujarat

Advertisements

The cases of corona infection are increasing steadily. Meanwhile, some shocking cases are continuously coming up in Gujarat. The possibility of being corona positive remains intact even after negative reports have been detected in rapid antigen testing (RAT) and then RT-PCR. Let me tell you that this method of test is considered better.

Advertisements

Doctors across Gujarat have reported several cases where the patient is negative on RT-PCR tests, but high-resolution CT (HRCT) is found to be a lung infection.

The problem has become so acute that the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) has issued a notification saying that it is not necessary that the current strain of Corona appear positive in the RT-PCR test. So insurance companies and third party administrators (TPAs) should consider it as Covid positive. The VMC order issued under the Epidemiologic Diseases Act states, “In cases where RT-PCR is negative, but confirmed viral in HRCT and laboratory investigations, it should be treated as a corona.”

According to the Times of India, Dr. Kritesh Shah, president of SETU, an organization of private hospitals in Vadodara, said, “I have seen many patients who have come negative in RT-PCR, but their radiological tests have shown that they Hospitalization is required. A CT scan has a patient score of 10 out of 25. This means that his lungs have already been affected. ”

Infectious disease specialist Dr. Hiten Karelia says that they have started asking for corona suspects to undergo RT-PCR testing as well as HRCT test. He said, “We are seeing many such cases in which the patient has no symptoms. He has only mild fever and weakness. But the infection spreads rapidly to the lungs.”

Dr. Neeraj Chavda, MD, Nanda Hospital, said, “The sensitivity of RT-PCR is 70 percent which means that the probability of false negative report is 30 percent. But if there is evidence in a CT scan, this corona work becomes the case. In such cases, we go to trial again and again. “

Similar cases are also seen in Rajkot. Dr. Jayesh Dobaria said, “There are many cases in which the patient is corona negative.” But a CT scan reveals pneumonia. This may be due to limitations of the sampling procedure and RT-PCR test, the accuracy of which is around 70 percent. ”

.

Advertisements
We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a Reply

NewsTree News - Latest News For You.
Logo