News

Delhi AIIMS facing problem of imbalance in demand and supply of beds: Mandaviya

Advertisements

Delhi-based All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the oldest in the country, is grappling with demand-supply imbalance due to the high number of needy patients in the hospital as compared to the number of beds available.

This information was given by Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya in a written reply to a question by Dileshwar Kamat and Yugal Kishore Sharma in the Lok Sabha. Mandaviya said that Mother and Child Block, National Center for Old Age, Surgical Block and Paid Private Block etc. have been set up to reduce the waiting period for treatment of various serious diseases.

He said that waiting list of needy patients in the hospital is prepared by various clinical departments according to their disease condition, urgency of treatment required and availability of beds. The Minister said that as far as OPD is concerned, it is prepared according to the maximum working capacity of the department concerned.

He said that 80 percent OPD enrollment for new patients is done online maximum 30 days in advance and remaining 20 percent enrollment is done by the patients themselves.

Advertisements

Genome sequencing found 70 cases of the delta plus variant

Union Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh on Friday said that 70 cases of delta plus variant of the corona virus have been detected in the genome sequencing carried out by INSCOG, a group of 28 laboratories. He gave this information in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha.

Jitendra Singh said that so far 58,240 samples of SARS-CoV-2 have been genome sequencing and out of these 46,124 have been analysed. He said that the delta variant of Kovid was confirmed in most of the samples. The Delta variant was behind the second wave of Corona in India. Millions of people were infected by this wave and thousands of people lost their lives.

According to the minister, 70 cases were found with the delta plus variant. In addition, 4,172 cases were found to be of alpha, 217 cases of beta and one case of gamma form.

Advertisements

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button