News

CBI seeks US help to arrest 2 accused, alleging indecent remarks against judge

Advertisements

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has sought help from authorities in the US to track down two accused, C Prabhakar Reddy alias “Punch” Prabhakar and Mani Annapureddy, in a case related to alleged derogatory social media posts against judges and the judiciary. Both the accused are believed to be living in the US. Officials gave this information on Thursday.

He said the agency has obtained arrest warrants against both the accused from the courts of India. The CBI is the National Central Bureau (NCB) for India under the Interpol mechanism. Officials said that Interpol has approached Washington, which is the US-based NCB, with arrest warrants against both the accused.

He said information about the whereabouts of the accused was collected using Interpol’s ‘Blue Corner Notice’. Every country has an NCB, which is an agency affiliated with Interpol. The CBI has filed six more chargesheets against Sridhar Reddy Avathu, Jalagam Venkata Satyanarayana, Guda Sridhar Reddy, Srinath Suswaram, Kishore Kumar Darissa alias Kishor Reddy Darissa and Suduluri Ajay Amrit in the case.

CBI spokesperson RC Joshi said the agency had arrested these accused on October 22 from different places in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and they are currently in judicial custody. He said the CBI had earlier arrested five accused in the case and filed five separate charge sheets against them.

Advertisements

With this, 11 chargesheets have been filed so far against the 11 accused arrested in this case. “Investigation is on to gather evidence against one more accused,” the spokesperson said. His YouTube channel has also been blocked.” After registering the case, the agency removed the objectionable post from the public domain on social media platforms and the Internet, the spokesperson said. He said 12 accused and 14 others were questioned in the case. Evidence has also been collected from digital platforms using digital forensic techniques.

Joshi said, “The CBI has proceeded to collect information related to the accused’s Facebook profile, Twitter account, Facebook posts, tweets, YouTube videos from Facebook, Twitter, Google through Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) channel. ”

He said that during the investigation 13 electronic devices including mobile phones and tablet computers were seized and call details of 53 mobile connections were obtained. Joshi said that the CBI immediately registered a case against 16 accused on November 11, 2020 and took over the investigation of 12 FIRs from the Andhra Pradesh Crime Investigation Department (CID) on the orders of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.

,
Advertisements

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button