Union Home Minister Amit Shah has left the election tour of Assam in the midst of an encounter with Naxalites on the border of Naxal-affected Bijapur and Sukma districts of Chhattisgarh. He is returning to Delhi, where he will take stock of the situation. Shah is currently on a state visit for the assembly elections in Assam.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah said about the Naxalite attack in Guwahati before returning to Delhi that the search operation is going on. Both sides have been casualties. Our soldiers have been martyred. I pay tribute to him. I assure his family members that the martyrdom of the soldiers will not go in vain. Apart from this, Amit Shah spoke to state Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on Sunday after security forces were martyred in an encounter with Naxalites in Chhattisgarh and took stock of the situation.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah to reach Delhi by today late afternoon, to take stock of the situation in Chhattisgarh with top officials
(file photo) pic.twitter.com/5FFAKTIIcx
– ANI (@ANI) April 4, 2021
Shah asked the Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Kuldeep Singh to go to Chhattisgarh to take stock of the situation. A Home Ministry official said that the Home Minister spoke to Baghel and took stock of the situation that arose after the encounter. In this regard, another official said that it is believed that the Chief Minister informed the Home Minister about the steps taken by the state government after the encounter.
So far 23 soldiers have been martyred in an encounter with Naxalites in a forest between the border of Bijapur and Sukma districts in Chhattisgarh. Earlier, Amit Shah had tweeted that I bow to the sacrifices of our brave security personnel martyred while fighting Maoists in Chhattisgarh. The nation will never forget his valor. I express my condolences to his family. We will continue our fight against these enemies (Naxalites) of peace and progress. I wish the injured to get well soon.