The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is likely to conduct searches at the homes of all eight accused, including Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, who were arrested after a drug party broke out on a cruise from Mumbai to Goa. Six of these accused belong to Delhi, so search operation can be conducted here as well. As of now, there is no official statement from the NCB in this regard, but in case of arrest in a drug case, the NDPS Act provides for a search of the house of each accused.
According to NCB chief SN Pradhan, the investigating agency is tracing a big gang involved in drug smuggling. The NCB has widened its probe and is tracing the network of night party organizers, event managers, ship’s management officers, owners to drug peddlers and users at the party. At present, NCB is interrogating Aryan Khan, Munmun Dhamecha, Nupur Sarika, Ishmeet Singh, Mohak Jaiswal, Vikrant Chhokar, Gomit Chopra and Arbaaz Merchant, who belong to Delhi, in addition to Aryan Khan.
These accused have links with Delhi
1. Munmun Dhamecha : Munmun Dhamecha is accused of taking drugs in the party. Munmun is a Delhi based model and does modeling for big brands. She is originally from Madhya Pradesh, but her residence is in Delhi. Therefore, the residence in Delhi can also be searched.
2. Ishmit Singh : Delhi resident Ishmit Chadha is a big businessman. How Ishmit reached the party has not been disclosed. However, NCB is also questioning him. There is a possibility that their house will also be searched.
3. Mohak Jaiswal : Mohak Jaiswal is also a big businessman of Delhi. Mohak has a house in Delhi, which can be searched at any time. At present, NCB is also interrogating Mohk.
4. Gomeet Chopra: Gomeet Chopra’s name is also among those who belong to Delhi. Gomeet is a well known hair stylist. He is a resident of Yojna Vihar, Delhi. Gomeet’s mother also met the son at the Mumbai NCB office.
5. Vikrant Chhokar: Vikrant Chhokar is working as Productivity Head in a private company in Delhi. NCB is also probing its Delhi connection.
6. Nupur Sarika : Accused Nupur is a big businessman of Delhi. Through whom she reached the party, NCB is probing it. Nupur’s Delhi residence can also be searched.
15 drug hot spots in Delhi: The Narcotics Unit of the Crime Branch has identified 15 ‘hot spots’ on the basis of the action taken in drug smuggling in the capital, so that this racket can be cracked down. Hot spots include Delhi’s Sultanpuri, Jahangirpuri, Indrapuri, Sagarpur, Uttam Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Nand Nagri, Dwarka, Chhatarpur, Nizamuddin, Majnun Ka Tila, Paharganj, Kalyanpuri, Hauz Khas Village and Khanpur.
Synthetic drugs increased in the party
According to the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), the demand for more synthetic drugs has increased in the party circuit or rave party. In the last two years, drug-based drug smuggling has increased by about 25 percent. Youngsters who previously used cocaine and heroin are now preferring meth, LSD and meow-meow. Cocaine is a natural drug derived from a plant originating in Latin America, while meth and meow-meow are made from chemicals in the laboratory.
Where are synthetic drugs made?
Drugs that are becoming popular as party drugs include meth, LSD and methylenedioxy/methamphetamine mainly used at rave parties.
Meth: According to the NCB, the laboratory drug meth, ie ice, is being prepared mainly in laboratories in Myanmar.
LSD: LSD is manufactured in laboratories in Europe, especially in the Netherlands and Denmark.
methylenedioxy/methamphetamineCommonly known as ‘meow-meow’, this drug is manufactured in Nigeria and Afghanistan.