Job title: Spare Parts Pricing Analyst
Company: Smiths Detection
Job description: About Us
SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defense, and security.
What makes us different:
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centers of research excellence.
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in India, Bengaluru specifically, will be critical to our continued success.
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AI/machine learning.
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business.
As part of our market development activities, an opportunity has arisen within the Service Commercial team for a business professional with experience and an interest in pricing analytics, to support the development of spare parts pricing and provide a better understanding of the spare parts market place.
The Spare Part Analyst will collect and provide analysis of market data, pricing, cost, product attributes and value drivers across all Smiths Detection products through their lifecycles and geographies to support our global spare part pricing activity and will provide reports and recommendations, maintain price books and price management systems to enable margin optimisation, increased revenue and market capture.
Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Undertake analysis of spare parts pricing, sales, costs, margin, addressable market across product families and geographies
- Collect, monitor, benchmark global competitor spare parts data (price, availability, warranty etc, customer product value perceptions and market trends.
- Document key value drivers and parts attributes such as life, availability, engineering features, performance characteristics requirements and characterise customers sensitivity to price change maintaining an updated picture.
- Use analysis to prepare business reports and highlighting opportunities .
- Model the impact of proposed price changes on product lifecycle costs, customer spend profile, market and competitor benchmarks and annual revenue and profit.
- Undertake studies to enable alignment of pricing to regional, global, commodity and product strategies and pricing polices and categorise spare parts accordingly, identifying outliers on cost, price and margin, proposing and implementing changes to prices where applicable.
- Maintain pricing indices for all major trading locations including labour, materials, fuel, commodity, currency etc and advise sales teams on price escalation mechanisms.
- Build, maintain and update price books in applicable systems (SAP, ServiceMax, E-Commerce solutions).
- Undertake assessment and lead projects to implement pricing tools.
- Prepare standard letters, price lists, briefing packs and other marketing materials to enable customer advocates to explain and explain value in spare parts prices.
- Maintain a global overview of pricing structures, promotional and concessionary schemes, inputting to the design and measuring the impact. Maintain a record of contracts that contain specific spare parts pricing provisions and analyse the impact vs price lists and policies, identifying risks and adverse trends.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external personnel to enhance the Commercial team’s effectiveness and ability to add value.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Graduate or equivalent qualification in a numerate subject
- Experience working in technical / engineering industries and aftermarket business
- Experience and expertise in developing and analysing prices for large portfolios of products, spare parts, components (1000s of SKUs)
- Ability to manipulate spreadsheets, understand trends
- Expert knowledge of SAP, advanced Microsoft Excel skills and IT competence. Ideally experience of reporting tools such as power BI.
- General commercial awareness and business acumen
- Demonstrated project management capabilities
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 00:16:55 GMT