Job title: Software Engineering Manager – 5G Central Unit
Job description: Job Title: Software Engineering Manager – 5G Central Unit
Work Location: Bangalore
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a CU (Central Unit) Software Engineering Manager on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. To take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherding it into the marketplace.
What you’ll achieve
The Software Manager – CU will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have management experience in a R&D role in a 4G/5G development organization.
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Direct, lead, and manage a software development team in 5G NR gNodeB CU Software and Software development environments and tools
- Hold both line management and project management responsibility
- Line responsibilities include human resource management, department competency, tools and methodologies, and product quality
- Project responsibilities include accountability for customer deliverables, budget, and schedule
- Drive technical leadership with proficiency in 5G NR gNodeB CU software; influencer for Software development environments tools including building effective CI/CD environments
- Hire and maintain a diverse and effective workforce
- Coordinate with third-party deliverables that contribute to the overall product
- Bring experience managing a multi-site development team; creation and execution of any required development processes; status reporting to stakeholders
- Define and lead an agile environment for the team
- Be committed in building a psychologically safe and trusting development community
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven record of successfully running software development programs for wireless products, preferably 5G, and delivering product to market
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a servant-leadership & team focused mentality
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Expertise in Agile, CI/CD, LEAN SW Development, PMP and/or agile certification preferred
- Ability to lead a team, set a vision and drive the team for the realization of the vision
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .
Application closing date: 01 August 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy .
Job date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 23:55:29 GMT