Job title: Senior Engineer – Bridges
Job description: At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
We are currently growing our Engineering Team in Singapore, where we are seeking a full time Senior Bridges Engineer. This position will work closely with Design Manager, Engineers within the Bridge team and other technical Engineers, clients, site staff and local authorities.manage and lead in the delivery of bridge, highway, pedestrian and/or railway bridge projects on conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design and related tasks.
- Perform structural analysis and detailed design for various types of bridges.
- Identify creative and innovative bridge engineering solutions based on client, project and site constraints and specification.
- Prepare technical reports, progress reports and contract documentation.
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers and related stakeholders, provide oversight on project development, and perform quality reviews
- Organise and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Liaise with authorities, internal and external consultants and stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency in the quality of design deliverables.
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Minimum Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years structural design experience in bridge structures.
- Experience in hands-on detailed design, design review and project management
- Experience in pre-stressed girder or segmental box girder designs will be an advantage
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and Safety in Design requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards along with design software, i.e. Staad Pro, SAM or RM Bridge is required.
- Professional Registered Engineer will be an added advantage.
Job date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 22:30:15 GMT