Job title: R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Company: TE Connectivity
Job description: At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
Design & Development of Connector system for local, global and affiliate customers.
- Responsible for mechanical design of Connectors based on customer requirement for Industrial and Commercial Transportation application.
- Responsible to carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, Proposal /detail drawings for costing / production, Initiating simulation (e.g. thermal & stress).
- Responsible for choosing standard parts, features, material as per internal guidelines which would meet the internal / customer target process and cost.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting design reviews per manufacturability, update design per suggestion and keep record.
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests in a timely manner.
- B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- Exposure to various manufacturing processes (including injection molding, stamping, plating, die-casting, component assembly, jigs & fixture etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with connector type (Electro-mechanical parts) preferred.
- Additional know-how on signal integrity and protection methods preferred.
- Knowledge about various phases of product realization and product development
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art design tools such as Creo Parametric, modelling, Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T), electrical & electronic design and Simulation.
- Additional know-how on FEA Simulation is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Electric Vehicle (EV) Architecture & High Voltage (HV) Connectors is preferred.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on , , and .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
BANGALORE, KA, IN, 560048
Travel: 10% to 25%
Requisition ID: 72487
Function: Engineering & Technology
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 00:42:23 GMT