To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship.
Salesforce has immediate opportunities for extremely talented Distributed Systems Software Engineers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company’s bottom line and the Industry.
Our team focuses on building and operating a highly scalable, fault-tolerant Orchestration platform, which is leveraged by multiple Salesforce teams. The role involves designing and implementing on Salesforce Infrastructure as well as public cloud with a lot of scope for bringing in innovation and new ideas.
This role will encompass architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You’ll have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Be passionate about automation
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, preferably 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming paradigm and proficiency with at least one object oriented programming language: Java, Python, C#, C++, Ruby, Go
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Good understanding of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Familiarity with source code management and version control systems (git, perforce)
- Communication. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team. Ability to value team success beyond personal contributions
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- SOAP/REST APIs and general API design
- CI/CD. Experience with continuous integration and deliver tools like Jenkins
- Understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.