Job title: Mechanic
Company: Four Seasons
Job description: At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 116 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 43 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
As the leader in branded residences since 1982, Four Seasons currently operate 38 residential properties around the world and 80% of the projects in our pipeline contain a residential component.
- Provide service under the supervision of the shift engineer, and repairs as outlined in the Technical Skills List, depending on grade level, for electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC, refrigeration, interior paint and decorating problems.
- Assist in providing preventative maintenance of all electrical/mechanical/plumbing equipment and updating of appropriate logs.
- Clean all stations in the Engineering Department and maintain a neat and organized department.
- Respond to all guest complaints regarding the maintenance of their room or public area in a timely manner.
- Assist on all plumbing stoppages in the building. Repair an assortment of items brought to the shop by other departments.
- Clean grease traps, filters and drains as necessary.
- Assist shift engineers on major shut downs for repairs.
- Assist guests with special requests such as opening luggage when keys are lost.
- Maintain logs for all work performed while on duty.
- Install or relocate any additional or existing equipment when necessary.
- Treat urinals with de-liming solution.
- Take meter readings, record temperatures and pressures in heating and cooling plants.
- Check all mechanical rooms.
- Clean gas burners and charcoal burner Unplug toilets and change out valves and valve seats.
- Respond to work orders or room inspection reports submitted by Department Heads.
- Respond properly to all emergency conditions or safety situations such as fires, power failures, leaks, floods, etc.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels.
- Handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor. Report any damages observed within the hotel and surrounding area, whether it is guestroom, public areas or any employee housing units through the Engineering reporting systems in place.
- Reporting to be done as soon as possible or within one hour of discovery. The ability to perform other tasks.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous customer experience and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Diploma or degree in relevant field is a plus
- Good command of the English language
The benefits offered by Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait include:
- Full board shared living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced compound
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels worldwide
- Regular social and sporting events
- Paid home leave tickets
- Quality employee meals
- Free transportation to and from work
- High speed Wi-Fi internet in accommodation and employee transportation buses
Location: Kuwait City – Burj, Haryana
Job date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 23:48:24 GMT