Job title: Materials Engineer/Advanced Materials Engineer
- This job role is to primarily provide site and project equipment support in the following areas: Corrosion control, monitoring, and prevention; Materials selection and degradation; Non d estructive testing/ Nondestructive examination; Coatings and non-metallics; Welding and fabrication.
- Work activities range from troubleshooting of global assets materials-related issues, materials specialist support for program improvements aimed at unit reliability and optimizing maintenance, materials specialist support and selection, providing appropriate applications of internal/external practices and standards and training/mentoring of early career engineers.
- The Materials Engineer will be located in Bangalore Technology Centre (BTC), India, and will provide engineering support to petrochemical facilities globally.
- The Materials Engineer will work under the day-to-day direction of a Group Lead and Materials Supervisor.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Consult and advise operations personnel, engineering, and maintenance crafts in problem solving related to the materials/metallurgy field, material selection and materials compatibility
- Advise manufacturing sites in the areas of material selection/upgrading, failure analysis, weld procedure development/approval and repair plan recommendations
- Development, application, and improvement of corrosion prediction and monitoring technology as well as its integration with asset integrity and corrosion mitigation programs
- Develop and/or upgrade corrosion control programs for existing and/or proposed plant equipment/piping based on process knowledge and underlying damage mechanisms
- Selection / qualification / development of coatings and linings for corrosion protection
- Provide subject matter expertise to operations/ integrity team in developing corrosion circuits and risk-based inspection strategies and analysis
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis
Assist sites with the development and review of equipment strategies.
Supports Industry activities (API and AMPP) * Execute/establish/improve work processes which include but not limited to:
- corrosion modelling/evaluations e.g. sour service, amines and crude corrosivity, remaining life studies, advanced fitness for service assessments, etc.
- Perform failure analysis as needed. When required, oversee failure analyses performed by technicians when lab testing is required
- Develop and review high complexity weld procedures for various welding processes and alloys
- Ensure fabrication practices of new welded equipment and or repair/alterations of existing equipment meet applicable code specifications
- Coordination and communication between various global centers and business affiliates for various aspects such as knowledge transfer, sharing learnings, skills management and maintaining business relationships
- Technical mentoring and training for early career materials/integrity engineers
- Ability to learn and adapt to an agile and flexible working environment, continuously stay abreast of latest developments in industry standards/practices
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree or Master s degree from a recognized university in Materials Engineering, Metallurgy or related disciplines with GPA 7.0 or above
- 7-10 years of professional experience in upstream oil gas production, Liquefied Natural Gas, Refining, and/or Petrochemical
- Working knowledge of internal and external corrosion mechanisms in the oil and gas industry and associated mitigation strategies (CP, Chemical Treatment, Coatings, Repairs, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in non-metallics, mechanics of materials, welding metallurgy and processes/quality, equipment inspection/repair, PWHT and non-destructive examination
- Working knowledge of ASME Sec VIII Div.1/2, ASME Sec V, ASME Sec IX, ASME Sec II, ASME B31.3/ B31.1/ B31.4/ B31.8, ASME PCC-2, API 580, API 510, API 570, API 571, API 653
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal/written communication skills in English
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 06:03:12 GMT