Job title: 5G Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Comverse Technology, Inc.
Job description: Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industrys only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250 Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world s subscribers.
Role Summary As Mechanical Design Engineer you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for the design and development of high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G Radio mechanical parts for the global customer base. This position will be based in Banglaore, India.
- Design responsibility of a variety of mechanical components of 5G/4G radios,including aluminum,die-casted, machined, sheet metal, and injection molded parts
- Actively participate in the overall product electromechanical architecture design covering the entire product assembly
- Implementation of industrial design in harmony with product requirements
- Experience with RF filters and/or patch antenna mechanics
- Technical contact and support for suppliers on DFM and technical issues.
- Support manufacturing fixturing development
- In-depth knowledge of design rules for various materials and manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with electrical designers,layout engineers,and project management to define and align the physical and electrical requirements.
- Conduct design reviews with relevant team members.
- Proven track record of the mechanical design of telecom radio components
- Excellent understanding of mechanical manufacturing processes, including aluminum, die casting, sheet metal, and injection molded plastics
- Experience in thermal design
- Experience in RF filter mechanical design
- Experience in antenna mechanical design
- Experience in EMC and signal cross talk optimized mechanical design
- Experience withdesign tools, e.g. Solidworks, ICEPACK,Creo, and Flowterm.
- Excellent inter personal and leadership skills
- Curious minded person striving for continuous learning and innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 7 years experience.
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status. ,
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 06:03:12 GMT